Sunday, May 27, 2012

Made the decision

So......I made the decision, the letter was tendered.
Many asked why don't wait till I found another one before I tender this one, it is..anyway, more sensible and secure.
I thought about this too, whether I have been irrational in making this decision, that I should have waited till I am sure that there is a job for me first before I hand in the letter.

Aside from the impracticality of looking for a job overseas with a job locally (yes I am heading back to HK), I have decided to 'embrace the insecurity'. That makes me stronger, and give me a stronger drive to what I wanted to do.

The future for our generation is full of insecurity anyway. What ever security there is, it is only a perception. And lucky me, I have no commitments. No car/house installment to pay, no spouse to feed, no kids to raise. Though I have some bills to pay and I am supporting my mom now, but its going to be fine.

Came across this article today: your first jobs doesnt really matter. Share it with you guys.
http://blogs.hbr.org/glickman/2011/10/your-first-job-doesnt-really-m.html

I was also inspired by another article that say: there is no such thing as a career path.

Hope I am right. And hope I don't have to see you guys in Mcdonald's. But you never know..LOL!